The Passive Aggressor
The Passive Aggressor constantly feels that their authority is under attack. These maladjusted leaders are extremely defensive. They feel that they must frequently push back to defend their position, even when there is no legitimate threat.
These toxic leaders make excuses to defend their backhanded behavior, avoid direct confrontation, and act indirectly to sabotage the efforts of others.
Passive Aggressors tend to:
- Shy away from direct confrontation
- Respond defensively when questioned
- Express negative feelings indirectly (e.g., make excuses, miss deadlines)
- Undermine employees’ goals
- Blame employees when problems arise